Magnetude Consulting is a boutique, full-service, Boston area-based marketing agency that specializes in working with entrepreneurial B2B tech sector firms. We have an opening for a dynamic and people-oriented Operations expert to serve as a leader for our team and help take our growing business to the next level.
Why work for Magnetude Consulting? Magnetude cultivates a collaborative, exciting, and rewarding work environment, where employees love working together and with our clients. We are female-founded and owned, and we believe that the work/life balance of our team is key to our success. Our team of marketing experts span a broad range of all marketing disciplines and employ the most current marketing technologies, strategies, and tactics. We pride ourselves in true partnership with our clients that delivers the highest-quality marketing to support their growth and success.
There are 3 key areas of responsibility: Strategic support, Operations Management, and Resource Management. The Operations Director will serve as follows:
- Serve as strategic advisor to CEO and leadership team on all areas of the business. Manage near and long-term planning and goal setting and develop related execution plans.
- Serve as “right-hand” advisor and counterpart to CEO on all areas of day-to-day management. Provide critical feedback and recommendations from insight into the business cycle.
- Coordinate key decisions and oversee activities across the team to execute on goals and plan.
- Develop and manage company-wide processes, templates, and technology platforms to support sustained growth and scale. Evaluate investments, recommend improvements, and implement upgrades.
- Help lead development and standardization efforts for company IP (i.e. client delivery frameworks and methodologies) in collaboration with client delivery strategists. Roll out to team and collect feedback to inform ongoing enhancements.
- Develop and provide operational benchmarks, dashboards and KPIs to enable Magnetude to capture opportunities. Perform ongoing reporting. Analyze and communicate results cross-functionally and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Develop, implement & run client billings and monthly operational reports; occasional analysis on expense and time reports; liaise with sales and delivery on revenue and pipeline forecasts to inform planning, decision making and internal communications.
- Own and manage data integrity and metrics across core systems.
- Manage client onboarding in conjunction with sales and delivery teams.
- Capacity planning- manage/oversee scheduling and deployment of team members including planning and reporting. Coordinate with delivery and sales teams on requirements and surface talent needs / priorities proactively.
- Manage team lifecycle function: areas within this area include hiring, performance management process, compensation management, onboard and offboard employees and contractors.
- Oversee management of team meetings, social events, offsites and team professional development. Provide logistical support for periodic marketing and sales events.
- Liaise with external vendors, primarily outsourced CFO and other vendors.
- Office management (minimal, as the team is remote).
The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with people across all areas of the business and can span between highest level strategic and proactive thinking to detailed day-to-day execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
- 4-8 years of operations experience within an agency or related professional services field
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Strong preference for good working knowledge of a typical B2B marketing function; but not specifically needing experience as a marketer
- Previous experience with digital tools that span an organization such as client reporting, financial reporting tools, hiring and people management systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills, Google Suite
- Proactive and dynamic- able to rally teams around a vision and coordinate to completion, especially currently in an all-remote environment
- Enjoys fast-paced, client-focused agency environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A positive, upbeat, and collaborative attitude, and a drive for ongoing improvement, in line with the company’s culture
Interested applicants should submit their resume to [email protected]. Cover letters are not required, but we do ask for a link to your LinkedIn profile and a paragraph about what interests you and qualifies you for the role. We will follow up with all candidates who may be a fit.
<< Back to main Careers page