Director of Client Services
Magnetude Consulting is a boutique, full-service marketing consultancy that was founded in Boston and now has clients and staff located around the country. The company specializes in working with entrepreneurial B2B tech sector firms. We have an opening for an entrepreneurially-minded, passionate marketer and an innate leader who has a diverse marketing career with hands-on experience in a breadth of marketing channels.
This individual will be responsible for Magnetude’s client services team ensuring we are aligned in client and internal expectations, consistently delivering quality services, establishing and nurturing long-lasting relationships with our clients and driving impact on their business through marketing efforts. The role is best suited towards an individual who is an natural leader, is a out-of-the-box thinker, a self-starter and is passionate about marketing and forming long lasting client relationships. This role would be part of Magnetude’s leadership team, which currently includes our Founder/CEO, Heads of Operations, Business Development, and Strategy & Innovation.
Why work for Magnetude Consulting? Magnetude cultivates a collaborative, exciting, and rewarding work environment, where employees love working together and with our clients. We are female-founded and owned, and we believe that the work/life balance of our team is key to our success. Our team of marketing experts spans a broad range of all marketing disciplines and employs the most current marketing technologies, strategies, and tactics. We pride ourselves on building true partnerships with our clients that help us deliver the highest-quality marketing to support their growth and success.
1. Client Services Leadership:
- Represent client services on the Magnetude leadership team, contribute strategically to the direction of the client services department and the company
- Visibility and leadership across our client base, internally and externally. Strategic resource to account teams to support strategic purview with clients encompassing growth opportunities, client satisfaction and challenges, key initiatives, liasing with others on leadership team and/or SMEs as appropriate.
- Collaborate with sales to ensure a smooth client transition to the delivery team and that expectations are aligned and the client is served appropriately
- Form strong relationships with our clients to encourage open and honest feedback to ensure best possible outcome and positive impact to their business
- Anticipate and course correct potential disconnects in expectations and communication with the client to ensure alignment across the team
- Serve as an escalation point for any client or delivery situations requiring resolution both internally and externally
- Ability to speak to Magnetude’s service offerings and have a strong generalist marketing understanding to provide direction and advice to client teams and client
- Champion of customer voice to inform delivery enhancements and new offerings innovations.
2. Team Leadership & Management of Account Management Team
- Managerial responsibility across the account services team, which may include account directors, account managers, associate account managers, project managers. Focus on FT staff, with leadership purview over freelance account leads.
- Develop and actively manage team’s development plans / competency benchmark development plans for the account management team – as an overall function and for individual staff
- Advocate for training and professional development needs, best practice sharing across client team; liase with rest of leadership team and functional SMEs on training delivery
- Develop and report on KPIs and key metrics (analysis, reporting, etc.) related to client services: enrichment, retention, renewal, etc. as well as health of client/client scorecard – in conjunction with rest of leadership team dashboard and broader reporting from Operations and Sales.
3. Operational Leadership – Client Delivery
- Set the standards and expectations for client delivery for account team – development and usage of tools, templates in client delivery, adherence to core delivery practices (e.g. client reporting, project planning, etc.)
- Oversee and help optimize key processes including client onboarding, client renewals, client team changes, etc.
- Analyze improvement areas and opportunities for the team and org to deliver high qualify client service and differentiated offerings as appropriate
The ideal candidate must:
- Be positive, collaborative and a great communicator
- Be highly organized and enjoys interacting with clients
- Thrive in an environment of juggling many different initiatives in tandem, with an eye towards seeing projects to fruition and prioritizing / managing time effectively
- Have strong marketing generalist knowledge with a solid understanding of all areas of B2B marketing (not just digital) and understand how individual programs fit into a larger marketing strategy
- Be comfortable working with client executives and VPs as a peer in discussions
- Experience managing a team / direct reports
- 12+ years of prior experience in B2B marketing roles
- 15+ years of consulting, agency, and/or account management experience in a client-facing role
Interested applicants should submit their resume to [email protected]. Cover letters are not required, but we do ask for a link to your LinkedIn profile and a paragraph about what interests you and qualifies you for the role. We will follow up with all candidates who may be a fit.
<< Back to main Careers page