B2B Marketing Strategist; Focus in Demand Gen for Tech Sector
Magnetude Consulting is a boutique, full-service Needham-based marketing agency that specializes in working with entrepreneurial B2B tech sector firms. We have an opening for a B2B Tech Marketing Strategist with experience developing demand gen strategies, defining supporting programs, and overseeing/executing recommendations. The individual who is best suited for this role is passionate about tech sector marketing and enjoys the combination of developing a strategic plan and executing/managing the execution of the plan. This is a freelance position that can evolve into a full-time role for the right fit.
Why work for Magnetude Consulting? Magnetude cultivates a collaborative, exciting, and rewarding work environment, where employees love working together and with our clients. We are female-founded and owned, and we believe that the work/life balance of our team is key to our success. Our team of marketing experts spans a broad range of all marketing disciplines and employs the most current marketing technologies, strategies, and tactics. We pride ourselves on building true partnerships with our clients that help us deliver the highest-quality marketing to support their growth and success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the client communication and relationship during the upfront strategy portion of the engagement; ultimately this will / could be transferred to an account manager depending on the specific client relationship
- Using tools to extract industry / competitive data and benchmarks to measure clients against and form recommendations
- Performing gap analysis on client’s business/marketing efforts and succinctly capturing opportunities and short and long term recommendations
- Synthesizing all research and discovery activities and overlaying marketing best practices to form recommendations to meet the client’s needs and goals
- Responsible for infusing the latest and emerging trends in marketing into work and strategies
- Define specific programs/tactics that will support the overall strategy and drive impact for the client’s business; providing strategic guidance and direction to the team doing execution
- Review and respond to performance metrics, benchmarks and make recommendations based on what the data shows
- Based on the strategy, assist in organizing project teams by identifying areas of needed expertise and required skills
The ideal candidate must:
- Have expertise in branding/brand building, messaging and positioning, go-to-market strategy, and strategic marketing assessments/plans
- Demonstrate and have a strong understanding and ability to define demand gen strategies at a high level – understanding (not necessarily executing) – inbound marketing, ABM as a concept and tactics including paid digital ads, email nurture, and social media)
- Be a great communicator who has a broad generalist understanding of key marketing functions to speak strategically about these areas: marketing communications, digital marketing, event marketing, and sales/channel enablement.
- Have prior experience in B2B tech sector marketing roles doing hands-on work in at least a few of the following areas: content development, channel marketing, digital marketing, product marketing, media/influencer relations, social media, trade shows/events, and sales enablement.
Successful Magnetude Team Members possess the following attributes:
- Ability to ramp up quickly on client industries and solutions
- Entrepreneurial in nature–we have a ‘roll up your sleeves’ culture and are looking for someone who will fit right in
- Extremely strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to prioritize projects and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or related field
- 10-20+ years of experience in B2B marketing
- 5+ years in B2B tech (some cybersecurity experience is ideal)
Interested applicants should submit their resume to [email protected]. Cover letters are not required, but we do ask for a link to your LinkedIn profile and a paragraph about what interests you and qualifies you for the role. We will follow up with all candidates who may be a fit.
<< Back to main Careers page